Although suitable for year-round travel, we usually prefer to travel in the winter. Since schools and colleges are closed in winter, there is a holiday mood. And winter weather is also very suitable for travel. Different educational institutions save this time for study tours. It has become very common to have a picnic in the winter with everyone from the workplace for entertainment and peace of mind. Winter is really the time to start planning with the family where to go in the country or abroad.
Year after year, winter has come again. Many people are planning to travel a lot this winter. More important than where to travel is travel preparation. Good preparation before the trip will depend on how enjoyable the trip will be. In addition to preparing for the trip, you also need to think about what you need to know in advance while traveling. Here are some tips to help you make your winter trip more enjoyable. At the same time, to make the travel preparation more perfect, there are some important basic preparations for travel.
Tips to Help You Make Your Trip More Enjoyable
Where to go
Before going on a trip, you have to think about where to go? Since you are going in winter, you have to think more about which places to travel to for winter. The things to keep in mind when deciding where to go are, how long you are going to travel, what is your budget, sea, mountains, forests, haors, rivers, exactly which place do you prefer, with whom to take, where to go How? Thinking about these things will get you to where you should go.
How to go
Travel transportation is another important issue. It is important to choose which bus-launch-train-plane-private car you will go to. It is better not to use land transport to avoid traffic jams during the rush period. In this case, the train may be the first choice, and for those who are able, plain if available. But whatever transport you use, the most important thing to keep in mind is the safety of your life, your safety.
Where to stay
Much of the joy of your trip depends on where you stay when you travel. You have to decide where to stay considering your budget, how many people you have to travel with, what kind of environment you want to live in, what kind of security system. No matter where you go, it is best to arrange your travel accommodation in advance. If this is not possible beforehand, then good research should be done. The holidays are crowded, hotel and motel rents are high, keep this in mind. Avoiding the holidays if possible will reduce the cost of many things.
Since you don’t have much time to go around, make a list of where you want to go, what to see around it, where to go, when, and what to do. This will save you time as well as you can see the travel places there better. Take the news about the weather and law and order situation there, as well as collect information about the emergency phone numbers and location in advance. Such as- the nearest police station (police), tourist police help desk number, hospital, health care center, residential hotel, bank, etc. If there is any local acquaintance in the area, then take his or her reference number. Try to get in touch with the locals so that you can learn a lot about the environment. If you do this research in advance, you can easily get rid of many unwanted problems.
What you take with you will depend on where you are going, how long you will stay. For example, when traveling in the mountains, you must pay attention to keep the weight of the bag as low as possible. But no matter where you go, it is better to take the necessary things without looking at the stuffed bag. A heavy backpack can ruin your travel joy. So when packing a bag, think about what clothes you might need. You can take a maximum of one or two clothes out of them. Make a list of what you need in addition to toothpaste, brushes, underwear, towels, caps, shoes, belts, and more. Take the list and put one item in the bag with the correct mark, so that you don’t forget anything useful. But remember one thing, no matter what you put in your luggage, you have to carry this luggage. Separately pack the necessary clothes, shoes, cosmetics,
Read Also: Tips for Packing For A Trip
In winter, wear clothes made of thick colored thermal insulation. However, make sure that the weight of winter clothes is as low as possible. Otherwise, your backpack will be heavy with winter clothes. You can wear mufflers, socks, gloves, hood and other clothes to protect yourself from the cold. The color of the clothes is definitely an important thing that we should keep in mind while going out on a trip. The picture is beautiful in brightly colored clothes. However, when traveling in the mountains or forests, one should not wear brightly colored clothes. White son-in-law is best on a tour that requires a lot of walking. Here are some more tips:
- Take a cloth hat or cap to protect yourself from the sun. Sunglasses will work very well.
- Tight clothing should not be worn while traveling, it is better to wear loose clothing as much as possible.
- Travel clothing must be heat-insulating, quickly dries out, and resistant to harmful rays.
- The place, environment, and culture of travel should be kept in mind while choosing clothes.
- Children’s clothes, shoes can be taken in a separate bag.
- Pay extra attention to shoes. Comfortable sneakers are good. It is better if girls do not use heel shoes.
- Take extra bathing clothes if you go to the river, fountain or sea.
Before you go on a trip, make sure you have the necessary devices with you. Match your essentials to the checklist. Life is unimaginable nowadays without a mobile phone so take a mobile phone to keep in touch with everyone even if you are away from the city. Take full charge before leaving. Be sure to take the phone charger with you. Try to take a good camera with you to capture the beautiful memories of your travels. And with that, make sure the camera battery is full of charge. You can take it with an extra battery. Some more tips:
- You can keep a torchlight and extra battery with you, you may need it at any time.
- The biggest problem with smartphones these days is running out of charge, so taking a power bank with you will help you a lot.
- Don’t forget to fully charge the devices whenever you have time and opportunity.
- If you go to the mountains, sea or haor, you can keep binoculars with you.
- If possible you can take a three-pin flag and converter with you.
Diseases and medicines on the go
In winter, cold-fever, cough, shortness of breath or asthma, inflammation of the nose, runny eyes, diarrhea, diarrhea, pneumonia, etc. are the diseases. If possible, keep the medicine with you as needed. Take medicines for fever, upset stomach, acidity, vomiting, headache. Take more band-aids, antiseptic, amounts of cotton, and gauze. With these, it is possible to be saved from many great dangers. You can prepare a list of these medicines in advance. If you have high blood pressure, diabetes, or any other problem, take an adequate amount of prescription medication. Special care needs to be taken of skin and limbs and hair while traveling this winter. Use sun protect lotion and cream for half an hour before going out in the sun. If you feel very hot while traveling, you should drink plenty of clean pure water. Special care should be taken towards the children.
Take A Look at The Mistakes You Make While Travelling
Decide in advance how much you will spend on the trip. Then spend according to budget. It is better to take enough money and make an estimated list and it is better to have 30 to 40 percent more preparation than the estimated amount. If you don’t like carrying money, you can carry the card carefully. It will be very useful to have a mobile bank account or an account where money can be transacted on mobile. Always manage the money in different ways, one small thing can put us in danger a lot of times. Take more balance on mobile.
It is better to avoid tourist restaurants. Wherever you go, the locals will eat and drink wherever they go. The cost will be significantly reduced. The first thing that everyone should keep in mind when it comes to travel food is the hygienic factor. The food you eat should be checked for health.
Some tips on eating and drinking:
- Always keep some dry food with you.
- If you have any traditional local food, you can try it.
- When buying packaged food in remote areas, pay attention to the expiration date and of course the manufacturing.
- You should not take more than one meal at a time as a full meal brings laziness to the body which is not desirable while traveling.
- Fibrous and sugary foods should be taken for breakfast. May contain low-fat yogurt, fruit foods, boiled eggs, tea-coffee.
- We are accustomed to eating heavy meals at lunch. So the food should be less spicy, cooked in oil moderately, easily digested. In this case, it is better to avoid the folded-burnt menu.
- Dinner should be high in nutrients and easy to digest to recharge the body at the end of the day.
- Avoid fast food items, beverages, flavored juices, chips, etc. in travel meals. You can eat native fruits instead.
- Put normal foods on the menu instead of over-fried foods.
Always keep with you
- Keep with a bottle of water. Refill this bottle of water from a restaurant or hotel.
- Always carry a copy of the National Identity Card.
- Carry photocopies of important papers like driving license, passport, and even credit card.
- Keep some extra money with you.
Some more travel tips
- Let the people of the house know when you are staying in any hotel, also let them know their phone number. You can also save the car number while traveling and let someone know. You can also post on Facebook.
- In advance, collect information about the emergency phone number and location of the place you are going to visit.
- There is no guarantee that everything will be fine on the tour. Even if you don’t want to, you may face unwanted problems. It is better to have an initial preparation of how to handle them.
- Don’t forget to take a photocopy of the National Identity Card, many hotels do not provide rooms without a NID copy. Of course, keep doing more than one.
- Make a plan of what to do throughout the day on the tour. It will save some time throughout the day, you will be fairly prepared for all kinds of situations.
- If you want to save on travel expenses as well as ensure safety, you can go on a trip to a traveling group or group of friends.
- Be a little careful about where you are parking the car because if the thieves understand the tourist’s car, the risk of theft is higher.
- Find out about the place before you go on a trip. Find out the security arrangements as well as the accommodation and meals.
- If you want to drive away with your car, check first if there is any problem. Extra wheels must be kept in the car.
- Thinking it’s cold in winter, so no need for sunscreen? Wrong! The winter sun also causes equal damage to our skin. Sunscreen should also be taken in winter.
Take extra bags and shoes.
- Go on trips at a time when there are fewer tourist arrivals than during the travel season. The winter closing season at the end of the year is considered to be the most suitable season for travel. You can go near it at any time without going at all.
- If you leave the house empty, you must take extra security measures at your own risk.
- Read travel documents carefully before going on a trip. Find out where you are going. Find out about the weather there. Book in advance by selecting the hotel or resort to stay.
- You can give status on Facebook, Twitter, blog about going on a trip. As a result, you don’t just have to let everyone know if you have a friend in the area who can help.
- Can use wheeled bags while traveling. It will be convenient to carry and will take less trouble.
- Write the name, address, and phone number on a piece of paper and put it inside the luggage. For those who are traveling, write down the name, address, phone number, and other important information of each member.
- Wherever you are traveling, take the help of a guide if necessary. When arranging a trip through a travel agency, do all the research in advance.
- Bags (travel bags) are now available for purchase in the market. Choose the bag according to your choice and need.
- Make sure you don’t leave any luggage when you get out of any vehicle. Do not rush to get off.
- Money bags, credit cards are careful. Put some money in another place without keeping all the money in the wallet. Write your address on a card. If someone loses the bag, there will be a chance to get it back.
- Drink pure water. Food cannot be eaten in an open and healthy environment.
- Drink saline water for diarrhea and vomiting. Use a scarf on the head, it will protect the hair and skin from being rough
- Eat moderately and drink enough water.
- Do not stay out of the hotel after dusk or late at night. Especially when traveling with family. Of course, keep an eye on the children.
- Beware of strangers when traveling.
So all the preparations for the trip are over, come back in the winter from your favorite place. We hope this trip preparation will make your trip more enjoyable. Happy traveling! 🙂