In my opinion, the following bridges are the world’s most famous.
1. Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. Build-in 1937, this bridge is fascinating. Almost everyone in the world can recognize it.
2. Sydney Harbor Bridge is a landmark of Sydney and all of Australia. It was built in 1932 containing 6 million hand-driven rivets. It has huge hinges due to the hot Sydney sun. The painted surface is equal to 6 football fields.
3. The Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge in Japan connects Kobe on the mainland with Awaji islands and measures 4300 meters, which is the world’s longest of its kind. It is wind and earthquake-proofed up to 80 m/s and respectively 8,5 degrees on the Richter scale.
4. Tower Bridge of London is so distinctively British, so old, so stylish and no one could think of it in another location than London.
5. Storbaelt bridge between Funen and Zealand in Denmark has a length of 6800 meters and was build in a spectacular way between 1986 and 1998.